Home » Services and Admin » Academic Service » Erasmus+ Mobility Programme

Erasmus+ Mobility Programme

EU flag-Erasmus+_vect_POS

The European University Institute gladly participates to the Erasmus+ Mobility Programme!

Promoted by the European Union, Erasmus+ Mobility Programme allows researchers exchanges between universities within Erasmus+ Programme countries (please see complete list below).

The receiving institution must hold the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education and have an inter-institutional agreement with the EUI.

The period of study abroad must be relevant for your degree-related learning and personal development needs, and be part of the study programme that you are following. The duration of the mobility is for a minimum of three (3) to a maximum of twelve (12) months.

Eligible Countries


  • The European Union’s 27 Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom[1];
  • European Economic Area: Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway;
  • EU Applicant Countries: Turkey and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia

NB: Please note that this list is the official list of Programme Countries provided by the European Commission. This does not mean that the EUI has Erasmus+ inter-institutional agreements with universities in all the above-mentioned countries and that you will be able to go on an exchange in any of them.

If you are selected for an Erasmus+ Mobility, you will have to complete and sign PRIOR to your departure the Mobility and Learning Agreements.

IMPORTANT: Failure to return or sign on time the Erasmus+ documentation may delay the payment of your Erasmus+ Mobility Grant.

 

Financial Support


You may receive an Erasmus+ grant as a contribution to your travel and subsistence costs. It may vary according to differences in living costs between your country and the destination country, the number of students applying for a grant, the distance between countries and the availability of other grants.

The grant will be paid in two instalments: a pre-financing of 80% before the start of your mobility; and the remaining 20% at the end of the mobility period once you have filled the Erasmus+ automatically generated survey and provided the EUI International Mobility Officer with a signed Certificate of Attendance from the host institution. The payments of the mobility grant are made by bank transfer.

The below tab indicates the amounts the researchers will receive for their stay abroad as defined by the National Erasmus+ Agency in agreement with the National Authorities*:

 

Host country

Monthly amount

Group 1

Programme Countries with higher living costs

Denmark, Finland, Island, Irland, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, United-Kingdom

 

€ 300,00

Group 2

Programme Countries with medium living costs

Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, The Netherlands, Malta, Portugal

 

€ 250,00

Group 3

Programme Countries with lower living costs

Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Serbia

 

 

€ 250,00

 *Please note that these amounts are only valid for the current academic year 

Contacts


For further information on the Erasmus+ Mobility Programme, please contact:

Zeineb Mazouz

  • Email [email protected]
  • Tel. [+39] 055 4685 216
  • Int. 2216
  • Office: Badia Fiesolana, BF032

 

 

 


[1] FOR BRITISH APPLICANTS: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant. If the United Kingdom withdraws from the European Union during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the European Union ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, you will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible, to participate) or be required to leave the project on the basis of the relevant provisions of the grant agreement on termination.

Page last updated on 23 September 2019