The Master in Transnational Governance (MTnG) is a two-year programme which empowers students to go beyond traditional perspectives and to design and implement innovative, effective, and sustainable public policy solutions for a globalised world.
This residential programme is taught at the STG’s headquarters in the heart of Florence. Apart from the yearly core and complementary courses, the programme includes a compulsory curricular internship and a wealth of opportunities to spend a semester studying abroad with the mobility exchange initiative. Students can also participate in further outstanding academic activities offered by the university.
The programme is structured as follows:
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Compulsory internship
- Mobility (optional)
- Semester 3
- Selection of specialisation areas
- Semester 4
As a Masters' student at the School of Transnational Governance, you will:
- examine the most pressing policy issues from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- be part of a diverse class with students from all over the world.
- learn through a diverse set of applied learning methodologies.
- be taught by an outstanding international faculty of academic scholars and public policy practitioners.
- learn to think ‘outside the box’.
- benefit from the resources and network of the European University Institute.
- interact one-to-one with professors and other members of the community.