The Master in Transnational Governance (MTnG) is a two-year programme offered by the EUI School of Transnational Governance (STG). The curriculum empowers students to go beyond traditional perspectives and to design and implement innovative, effective, and sustainable public policy solutions for a globalised world.
This residential programme is taught at the STG’s headquarters in the heart of Florence. Students can also participate in outstanding academic activities offered by other European University Institute departments. In a truly international environment and embedded within a network of partner institutions, the programme includes a compulsory curricular internship and a wealth of opportunities to spend a semester studying abroad.
Combining interdisciplinary perspectives with hands-on training
Designed to examine the most pressing policy issues of our time through an interdisciplinary lens, the MTnG brings together political science, international relations, public policy, economics, and law. You will consider the governance beyond nation states, and will be equipped not only with the knowledge of policy tools suitable for solving transnational problems, but also how best to combine and orchestrate these tools to design effective, outcome-driven policy solutions.
As a Masters' student at the School of Transnational Governance, you will:
- examine the most pressing policy issues from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- be part of a diverse class with students from all over the world.
- learn through a diverse set of applied learning methodologies.
- be taught by an outstanding international faculty of academic scholars and public policy practitioners.
- learn to think ‘outside the box’.
- benefit from the resources and network of the European University Institute.
- interact one-to-one with professors and other members of the community.
MTnG Rules and Regulations
Last update: December 2022
(877 KB - pdf)