Responses adopted by the Government and the National Funding Agency
- For now, no budget cuts are planned for higher education due to the need to finance other areas of the 'anti-crisis shield' (special Covid legislation).
The Minister of Science and Higher Education has emphasised that the pandemic is a threat to private universities, as their main source of financing is student fees, but has held that the situation for now is ‘stable’.
- NAWA (Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange)
Administrative support/ information:
Dedicated website on Covid-19: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/covid-19, with information regarding various scholarships:
- The stipends are paid according to the current regulations for such scholarship programmes as: The General Anders Programme; The Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme, The Banach Scholarship Programme; POLONISTA - Programme for students of Polish Studies; Poland My First Choice Programme; Exchange programme as part of bilateral cooperation.
- With regard to some scholarship programmes, it is possible to change the date of departure or arrival after agreeing with the host centre. It is not possible to increase the amount of scholarship awarded.
- In the event of incurring costs in institutional programmes, NAWA asks holders to contact the programme supervisors to determine the existence of a 'force majeure' condition specified in the contracts concluded with NAWA. In these situations, detailed justification for cancellation of departures and arrivals and documented attempts to recover incurred costs needs to be provided.
- Force majeure could be invoked to justify the postponement of deadlines in delivering on the realisation of, for example, the Horizon programme. https://www.kpk.gov.pl/?p=52124&znewsletter=18marca2020
- Polska Akademia Nauk (PAN, Polish Academy of Science)
In the period from May 25, 2020 to September 30, 2020, the functioning of the scientific institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences is suspended in the country by suspending education:
1) of post-graduate studies, 2) in other forms - at the headquarters of these institutes.
During this period institutes conduct classes using distance learning methods and techniques, regardless of whether this has been provided for in the given education program. During this period, institutes may conduct classes at their premises which cannot be implemented using distance learning methods and techniques 
- Narodowe Centrum Nauki (NCN, National Centre of Science)
Special grants for research related to Covid-19:
- ‘Fast-track to funds for Covid-19 related research’ - for researchers with at least a doctoral degree, https://www.ncn.gov.pl/ogloszenia/konkursy/covid-19 (already closed)
- Calls for application in Covid-19 related research is announced at: https://www.gov.pl/web/nauka/nauka-przeciw-covid-19 (not specifically for social sciences and humanities)
 https://www.prawo.pl/student/dzialalnosc-uczelni-a-epidemia-koronawirusa,499224.html; https://serwisy.gazetaprawna.pl/praca-i-kariera/artykuly/1479615,ciecia-pensji-w-budzetowce-autopoprawka-tarcza-4-0.html
 Translated from the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of May 21, 2020 regarding the temporary limitation of the functioning of scientific institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences in relation to the prevention, counteracting and combating of Covid-19, available in Polish at