Responses adopted by the National Funding Agency
- The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NOW) gave an automatic extension to projects that start before 31 December 2020; the extension runs to 31 December 2021.
- NWO will extend reporting deadlines for ongoing research by four months.
- For postdocs, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) organizes few research programs for talented researchers: Rubicon, Veni,Vidi, and Vici. The talent Program 'Veni, Vidi, Vici' gears grants to different stages in a researcher's scientific career. Veni is for researchers who have recently obtained their PhD.; Vidi, for researchers who have gained several years of research experience after their PhD.; and Vici, for senior researchers who have demonstrated an ability to develop their line of research.
Veni, Vidi, Vici Round 2020.
- For the Veni Round 2020, The interview selection was moved from May 2020 to June 2020. To ensure that candidates have sufficient time to prepare for the next Veni round (2021), the deadline for submitting pre-proposals in the domains SSH, AES and ZonMw will be moved from September 2020 to January 2021.
- The Vidi current round met has met with changes as well. The current round and the next one overlap.
For Rubicon 2020-21, the deadline of 31 March 2020 has been canceled, and the new deadline set on 12 May 2020. As a consequence, all activities were postponed accordingly.