The EUI Library is looking to recruit a multimedia trainee. We are a small vibrant academic library catering to the research needs of EUI Professors, Fellows and PhD Researchers in the Social Sciences.
The successful candidate will have the chance to develop his/her skills in this environment, by producing videos and graphic material for the Library online platforms, ranging from promotional videos to tutorials and more. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain experience in developing small projects and be creative inside an academic environment, and more specifically in a research library.
Working alongside a supervisor, the successful candidate will be assigned both multimedia projects, and basic library tasks.
- Candidates must hold a degree or post-graduate diploma in multimedia communication or similar studies (obtained no more than eighteen months prior to traineeship start date). Candidates who are currently obtaining a qualification will also be considered
- Proficiency in any of these techniques: 3D and 2D animation, stop motion
- Proficiency in video editing
- Desirable skills in digital photography, graphic design for internet and multimedia, graphic design for print
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in an international team
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of a second EU language
Conditions for Eligibility
Being a national of a European Union member state, or of a candidate country which benefits from a pre-accession strategy (nationals of non-member states may be accepted depending on resources available).
Type and Duration
Remunerated twelve-month traineeship, the first three months of which constitute a trial period.
Grant, Benefits and Insurance
- Maintenance grant: €1,365.00 per month (subject to variation)
- Travel expenses: one return trip reimbursed
- Health insurance: obligatory (at own initiative, or through the EUI)
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please send the following documentation to [email protected]:
- CV (which includes an indication of nationality)
- Motivation letter
You should ask for two people, not related to you, to send a reference testifying to your character, experience, and/or skills, directly to l[email protected] specifying MultiMedia Trainee Application in the header.
Deadline for applying to the traineeship programme for a placement in 2022 is 31 October 2021.
Page last updated on 29 January 2021