EUI RESIDENCES (PDM & PAB)
1) I had booked an EUI Flat, but due to the circumstances I cannot come to the EUI on the previously established date: can I postpone the start-date of my contract?
All newcomers having booked an EUI Flat and having to go through the mandatory quarantine period can request that their contract start-date be postponed. Should newcomers have to cancel their reservation due to force majeure (= health emergency), they will receive their entire deposit back.
You can spend your mandatory quarantine period at the EUI Flats only if you have rented an entire apartment
2) Where can I spend my quarantine period if I am renting a shared EUI Flat?
If you are subject to the period of mandatory quarantine in self-isolation, please take note of the following information:
a) If you already have a temporary place of residence where you can spend your mandatory quarantine period, please reach it in the shortest possible delay and only by private means of transport (airport transit is allowed, however without leaving the dedicated areas of the terminal).
Please note: due to existing COVID-19 protocols at the EUI,you can spend your mandatory quarantine period at the EUI Flats only if you have rented an entire apartment.
b) If you don't know where to spend your mandatory quarantine period, please be informed that the EUI has finalized an agreement with the Student Hotel for a special rate of 73.90 €/day reserved to EUI members (including meal treatment), with the following conditions:
- To book the Quarantine Short Stay Package, EUI members can reserve directly on The Student Hotel website at the following link: https://www.thestudenthotel.com/florence-lavagnini/stay/hotel-stay/
- Once here, insert your dates with a minimum 7-night stay, and plug in the code 'QUARANTINE'
- The rate is 46 euro per night for a queen bed 160x200 (Fully-equipped room with modern en-suite bathroom, single bed size, marble floor, flat screen TV, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi. Maximum occupancy is one person) Extra: City tax of 4.90 euro for first seven nights
- Regarding the all-inclusive 3-meals room service, the price is 30 euro per day and you can book this meal package in the Hotel upon arrival
c) In alternative to the Student Hotel, other 3-4 stars Florence hotels offer contracted rates (meals included) for the quarantine period. If you are interested in this option, please contact the EUI official Travel Agency to ask for quotes, payment conditions, and availability.
d) If you plan to spend the mandatory quarantine period in Italian cities other than Florence, please contact the EUI official Travel Agency to ask for quotes, payment conditions, and availability of hotels.
e) To purchase food and/or other basic items during the self-isolation period, you can take advantage of the following platform (also available in app format): https://glovoapp.com/en/fir
f) For any other emergency/urgent needs, please refer to the EUI emergency contact number +39 055 4685999 (EUI control room), active 24/7
3) Whom should I notify upon my arrival in Italy?
Upon arrival, please do not forget to notify the Italian Health Authorities for the Florence area by calling +39 055 4385851 and the EUI HSSO (Health, Safety and Security Officer) by sending a mail message to [email protected] providing your name and contact details.
You must also register yourself at this link as soon as you arrive to your apartment/hotel: https://www.prevenzionecollettiva.toscana.it/welcome/pages/segnalazione_estero.html#1