Posted on 20 December 2019
The EUI and the Library will be closed for the Winter Break from Saturday 21 December to Monday 6 January 2020 inclusive.
During the closure EUI members will be able to access all EUI buildings and internal car parks using their EUI ID card (except for 21,22 and 23 December, see below).
The Badia Fiesolana Upper Cloister (28 working spaces equipped with 12 PCs) and Canteen Area will be available to all EUI researchers.
Cleaning services will be guaranteed in above-mentioned spaces and in the nearby facilities only. Heating systems will be operational only in these areas (9-22) and a vending machine for hot and cold drinks and snacks will be available in the Bank corridor.
In all other buildings the heating will be kept at a minimal level to ensure that the temperature remains above freezing, and all janitorial services will be suspended.
Please note: we remind you that on 21-22-23 December urgent scheduled maintenance works will be carried out in the electric substation of the Badia Fiesolana, entailing the following provisions:
- On 21-22 and 23 December, due to the interruption of power supply In the BF substation, all access control and safety systems, including fire detection, will be completely off-line across the EUI Campus: NO ACCESS will therefore be possible in any of the EUI premises except for the Badia Fiesolana.
- Please note that EUI members will be granted access only to the UPPER CLOISTER of the Badia Fiesolana, where dedicated Security Staff will be present to monitor access end ensure mitigating safety measures and where heating will be provided by electric heaters.
- Starting 24 December, as indicated in the EUI access policy (https://www.eui.eu/Documents/ServicesAdmin/Logistics/Policies-and-Procedures/EUI-Access-Policy.pdf), all EUI members will be able to access any of the EUI buildings, taking into account that cleaning services and heating systems will be operational only in the Working Spaces, in the Bank corridor and in the canteen area of the Badia Fiesolana.
Access to the Badia Fiesolana will be possible via the pedestrian entrance in the Church square, via Villa Sanfelice, via the pedestrian gate of the connecting road between Villa Schifanoia and the Badia, and via the gate of the Badia Fiesolana car park.
Detailed maps with highlighted access points to the various EUI buildings during the closure are available at the following links:
For security reasons the Real Estate and Facilities Service reminds users to close the external shutters of windows before they leave for the break. Furthermore, the Institute will not provide assistance for watering office plants, so individuals should make their own provisions accordingly.
The ICT Service would like to inform users that during the closure all systems relating to the web, internet, VPN and home directories will be monitored. The webmail service will be always reachable from this link: https://outlook.office365.com
Please note: We ask for your collaboration to promptly communicate cyber threats.
- In case of phishing, just forward the email to [email protected]
- Send an email to [email protected] in case of major issues concerning hacking activities also during EUI closure.
You may find additional information on Information Security website
The multi-function printer in the Upper Cloister will be monitored remotely and technicians will intervene in case of blocking situations.
Tickets opened on the EUI Helpdesk will not be treated during the closure, they will be assigned and processed only at the reopening of the Institute on 7 January.
Concerning urgencies or safety and security matters, security personnel are present in the control room at the Badia Fiesolana 24/7 and can be reached on the internal extension 2999, via the external number 055 4685-999 or by email to [email protected]. They are responsible for contacting relevant technical assistance or EUI staff for any action that is deemed necessary.
For further information, please refer to the EUI Access Policy.
We wish you all a happy holiday season !!!!!