Funding and Tuition Fees
- EUI Contracting States: There is no tuition fee for candidates from EU Member States adhering to the EUI Convention (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden).
- United Kingdom: There is no tuition fee for candidates.
- EUI Associate Member States (Norway and Switzerland): Candidates must pay the tuition fee of 12,000 EUR.
- Other EU Member States (not adhering to the EUI convention): Candidates must pay the tuition fee of 12,000 EUR.
- Candidates in receipt of a grant from the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation 'Grants for Foreigners Programme' (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, People's Republic of China, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Russian Federation, Serbia, Turkey, United States of America): There is no tuition fee for these candidates.
- Other Non-EU States' candidates: Must pay the tuition fee of 12,000 EUR.
The President of the European University Institute is authorised to reduce or waive tuition fees.
The application for admission to the EUI MRes Programme does not constitute an application for a grant, unless a specific Funding Programme (see below) is available and the relevant funding option is selected on the online application form.
Funding Programmes from EUI Contracting States
The following EUI Contract States offer funding opportunities for admitted MRes Candidates. To qualify for national funding, candidates must meet the specific requirements set by the national funding authorities. These may include conditions with regard to their nationality, residence, degree and its time of award. For an overview of the specific funding conditions, eligibility criteria and application instructions, please visit the information page of each relevant funding authority.
N.B.: If additional EUI Contracting States funding opportunities will become available, they will be published on this page. Candidates are advised to consult this webpage frequently.
Self Funded Candidates
Admitted candidates will be requested to declare that they have sufficient resources to cover their living expenses in Florence for the entire duration of the programme and to pay the tuition fee of 12,000 EUR (if applicable – see above).
Candidates with funding from external private or public institutions are accepted as well as self-funding candidates.
Some candidates may be eligible for an ERASMUS+ Master Loan. Complete information is available on the European Commission website.
The EUI has been approved by the USA Department for Education as an eligible institution for the purpose of granting to eligible students an in-school deferment of repayment of USA Federal Family Education Program Loans and USA Federal Direct Student Loans.