- The Book Delivery Service will be carried out once a day until further notice
- Make sure you request your books by 9.00 to get them on the same day
- Books may be collected from the porters from 12.30 to 18.30
- Book-drop boxes will be available again in Palazzo Buontalenti, Villa La Fonte, Villa Salviati and Villa Schifanoia
- Books returned into the book drops will be sanitised and checked in
When you need a book from the Library or from storage (shelf number beginning with MAG) you can have it delivered to the EUI villas
We cover five locations across the EUI campus: Badia (Library), Plazzo Buontalenti, Villa La Fonte, Villa Salviati, Villa Schifanoia.
All you need to do is to:
1) Find your book: search the Library catalogue
2) Select the location where you would like to pick up the book by clicking on “Place hold” and by logging into your Library account
3) Pick up the book at the porter’s lodge in Palazzo Buontalenti, Villa La Fonte, Villa Salviati, Villa Schifanoia and at the Library loan desk at the Badia after you receive an email notification
Books may be returned in the book-drop boxes at the above villas or at the Library loan desk as usual.
Can I borrow a book on shelf (Badia) if someone has just requested it to be delivered?
Yes, users who are physically in the Library will be given priority. Whoever requested the book remotely will receive it next.
Can I change the location where I want to pick up the book?
It is possible to change the location if we have not processed your request yet. To do so, log into your Library account, click on the tab “Holds” and modify the requests according to your needs.
If already processed, please contact library staff at [email protected].
How many days do I have to pick up the book?
Once you are notified that the book is ready to be picked up, it will be reserved for you for ten working days. After this time the book will go back on the shelf or to the next user who placed a hold.
What happens if a book cannot be found on the shelf?
You will be notified after five working days by email, so that you can request it via interlibrary loan if necessary.
If the book is still not found after ten working days, it will be considered missing and the librarians will consider purchasing a replacement copy.
When are the books delivered?
We deliver books once a day with the EUI shuttle service.
Books requested between 9:00 will be delivered at 11.30.
Page last updated on 11 October 2021