ILL Rules for EUI members
The function of the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Service (ILL Service) is to make available to members of the Institute documentation not present in the EUI Library and the purchase of which is not possible or not considered appropriate.
- Documentation requested must of necessity be relevant to the user's research topic (or staff functions performed for the Institute)
- Interlibrary loans are strictly personal: the documents obtained may not be made available to others. Users must sign an undertaking to respect the laws governing copyright
- A limit of eighty requests per academic year (September-August) is fixed for each user; beyond this limit the Library will solicit the opinion of the supervisor, or head of department as to the appropriateness or not of continuing to provide ILL services
- Users may make requests any time up to two months before their definitive departure from the Institute
- In case of damage or loss of a borrowed document the user shall be liable for the full replacement costs of the lost or damaged item
- The EUI Library reserves the right to suspend from the use of its Interlibrary Loan Service any user who fails to observe the rules herein stated