ECRI: Lending to Households
The European Credit Research Institute (ECRI) provides data on credit to households, including outstanding consumer credit, loans for house purchases, loans to non-financial corporations and annual household consumption expenditures. Ratios of household debt are illustrated in graph format. Coverage is for these countries:
- 28 EU member states
- 4 EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)
- 2 EU candidate countries (Macedonia and Turkey)
- 8 additional countries (Australia, Canada, India, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia and the USA).
- ECRI coverage: 1995-2016
- Updated: March, 2018.
Further details about the ECRI database are at this link.
Access to this data is restricted to current EUI members who have completed the registration procedure as follows:
- Complete the Library's Micro Data Registration Form (selecting 'ECRI' from the dropdown menu)
- Registered current EUI members can access the data on the Library restricted server.
After registration, click on the ECRI 'Data' folder, and then on the file:
Stats Package ECRI – Lending to Households and NFC.xlsm
Variables are explained in the left column of the Excel frame. Use the tabs at the foot of the frame to view variables.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]
Page last updated on 03 November 2021