European Open Science Cloud Portal
The European Open Science Cloud Portal is an EU-funded infrastructure to facilitate discovery of tools and resources for data analysis, data storage, computation, training and security.
The Social Sciences & Humanities Open Marketplace was launched in 2022 to provide "tools, services, training materials, datasets, publications and workflows." (This is the successor to the 2019-2022 SSHOC initiative).
The EOSC Future project gives researchers access to a variety of research resources and coordinated support services, such as those in the Open Clouds for Research Environments (OCRE) index.
EOSC has six components:
- An architecture to address fragmentation by federating existing infrastructures
- Data management tools to make research data FAIR: findable, accessible, interoperable and re-usable (see the EC publication Turning FAIR into Reality)
- Services to meet user needs
- Interfaces and mechanisms to access EOSC
- Rules of participation for scientists and administrators
- Governance of EOSC - consisting of a Governance Board, an Executive Board and Stakeholders Forum (see the EC publication Prompting EOSC in Practice).
Coverage varies and is indicated for each data resource indexed in the EOSC portal.
Related European, EU and Euro Area data resources
Contact: [email protected]
Page last updated on 19 February 2024