European Open Science Cloud Portal
The European Open Science Cloud Portal is an EU-funded infrastructure providing data, analytical tools and information about computation, security and storage.
Data and support services are available via the EOSC catalogue.
The initial-phase EOSC Future project is intended to give European researchers access to a variety of research data and coordinated ICT support services, such as those listed in the Open Clouds for Research Environments (OCRE) index.
EOSC has six components:
- An architecture to address fragmentation by federating existing infrastructures
- The enhancement of data management tools to make research data FAIR: findable, accessible, interoperable and re-usable (see the EC publication Turning FAIR into Reality)
- Services to meet user needs
- Interfaces and mechanisms to access EOSC
- Rules of participation for scientists and administrators
- Governance of EOSC - consisting of a Governance Board, an Executive Board and Stakeholders Forum (see the EC publication Prompting EOSC in Practice)
The EOSC Portal links to information about policies, resources and services; and also functions as a ‘marketplace' providing information about providers who meet the quality standards of EOSC.
EOSC initiatives in response to the COVID-19 pandemic are described on this page.
The Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud (SSHOC) - launched in January 2019 - is the social sciences and humanities cluster of the EOSC. SSHOC has been set up “with €14.5 million funding as part of the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme… It aims to bring together existing and new infrastructures from social science and humanities ERICs (European Research Infrastructure Consortiums) and foster interdisciplinary research and collaboration.” 47 partners are participating under the coordination of the Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives (CESSDA).
Dataset coverage varies by series and is indicated for each data resource indexed in the EOSC portal.
Data and support services are available via the EOSC Portal.
Related European, EU and Euro area data resources
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]
Page last updated on 15 November 2021