European Open Science Cloud Portal
The European Open Science Cloud Portal was launched in November 2018. The EOSC Portal enables the discovery of data; provides tools for data analysis; and gives information about storage, computation, training and security.
Data and support services are available via the EOSC catalogue.
To mark the launch of the EOSC Portal, the European Commission published two supporting documents:
EOSC has six components:
- An architecture to address fragmentation by federating existing infrastructures
- The enhancement of data management tools to make research data FAIR: findable, accessible, interoperable and re-usable
- Services to meet user needs
- Interfaces and mechanisms to access EOSC
- Rules of participation for scientists and administrators
- Governance of EOSC - consisting of a Governance Board, an Executive Board and Stakeholders Forum.
The EOSC Portal links to information about policies, resources and services; and also functions as a ‘marketplace' providing information about providers who meet the quality standards of EOSC.
The Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud project was launched in January 2019. SSHOC has been set up “with €14.5 million funding as part of the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme… It aims to bring together existing and new infrastructures from social science and humanities ERICs (European Research Infrastructure Consortiums) and foster interdisciplinary research and collaboration.” 47 partners are involved, under the coordination of the Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives (CESSDA). SSHOC will be the social sciences and humanities cluster of the EOSC.
Dataset coverage varies by series.
- The 2020 implementation timetable is at this link
- The EOSC Roadmap is available in PDF format
- A short video about EOSC and the EOSC Portal is available here.
Data and support services are available via the EOSC catalogue and the 'Services & Resources' tab in the top-menu.
The EUI Library maintains resource guides for these European data resources:
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]