European Open Science Cloud Portal
The European Open Science Cloud Portal provides access to data in all research disciplines, as well as tools for data analysis and information about storage, computation, security and training.
Data and support services are available via the EOSC catalogue.
The European Commission provides two supporting guides:
EOSC initiatives in response to the COVID-19 pandemic are described on this page.
EOSC has six components:
- An architecture to address fragmentation by federating existing infrastructures
- The enhancement of data management tools to make research data FAIR: findable, accessible, interoperable and re-usable
- Services to meet user needs
- Interfaces and mechanisms to access EOSC
- Rules of participation for scientists and administrators
- Governance of EOSC - consisting of a Governance Board, an Executive Board and Stakeholders Forum.
The EOSC Portal links to information about policies, resources and services; and also functions as a ‘marketplace' providing information about providers who meet the quality standards of EOSC.
The Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud (SSHOC) - launched in January 2019 - is the social sciences and humanities cluster of the EOSC. SSHOC has been set up “with €14.5 million funding as part of the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme… It aims to bring together existing and new infrastructures from social science and humanities ERICs (European Research Infrastructure Consortiums) and foster interdisciplinary research and collaboration.” 47 partners are participating under the coordination of the Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives (CESSDA).
Dataset coverage varies by series and is indicated for each data resource indexed in the EOSC portal.
- The 2020 implementation timetable is at this link
- The EOSC Roadmap is available in PDF format
- A short video about EOSC and the EOSC Portal is available here.
Data and support services are available via the EOSC Portal.
The EUI Library maintains resource guides for these European data resources:
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]
Page last updated on 05 July 2021