ICPSR data archive
The data archive of the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is a large-scale, multi-disciplinary repository hosted at the University of Michigan since 1962.
The ICPSR data catalogue contains over 10,000 studies associated with approximately 80,000 datasets. Data from ICPSR is downloaded by EUI Library administrator, following EUI user request (details below). ICPSR provides data in the following thematic areas:
- Census Enumerations: historical and contemporary population characteristics
- Community and Urban Studies
- Conflict, Aggression, Violence and Wars
- Economic Behavior and Attitudes
- Elites and Leadership
- Geography and Environment
- Government Structures, Policies and Capabilities
- Health Care and Facilities
- Instructional Packages
- International Systems: linkages, relationships and events
- Legal Systems
- Legislative and Deliberative Bodies
- Mass Political Behavior and Attitudes
- Organizational Behavior
- Social Indicators
- Social Institutions and Behavior
- Publication-Related Archive
- External Data Resources
- The ICPSR archive was founded in 1962. Many historical series have earlier start-dates
- Coverage for each dataset is indicated.
Locate the required ICPSR study number(s) in the ICPSR data catalogue.
Send the study number(s) by email to:
- [email protected] (for members of the SPS Department)
- [email protected] (for other departments and centres).
Requestors should indicate the format in which the data should be delivered (Stata, SPSS, SAS &c.). Available formats are indicated on the ICPSR resource page for every dataset.
EUI members should only use ~eui.eu mail accounts to request data. Following confirmation of the requestor's EUI status, data is made available via restricted server or (for larger datasets) via users' desktops.
Instructions on using ZIP files to compress and decompress data are on this ICT page.
Users should read the ICPSR Responsible Use Statement before using data.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]