The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) maintains a large-scale, multi-disciplinary data repository, hosted at the University of Michigan since 1962.
The ICPSR data catalogue contains over 16,000 studies associated with approximately 85,000 datasets. Core data from ICPSR are downloaded by EUI Library administrator upon EUI user request (details below). ICPSR provides data in the following categories:
- Census Enumerations: historical and contemporary population characteristics
- Community and Urban Studies
- Conflict, Aggression, Violence and Wars
- Economic Behavior and Attitudes
- Elites and Leadership
- Geography and Environment
- Government Structures, Policies and Capabilities
- Health Care and Facilities
- Instructional Packages
- International Systems: linkages, relationships and events
- Legal Systems
- Legislative and Deliberative Bodies
- Mass Political Behavior and Attitudes
- Organizational Behavior
- Social Indicators
- Social Institutions and Behavior
- Publication-Related Archive
- External Data Resources
- The ICPSR archive was founded in 1962. Many historical time-series have earlier start-dates
- Coverage for each dataset is indicated in the ICPSR data catalogue.
Locate the required ICPSR study number(s) in the ICPSR data catalogue.
Send the study number(s) by email to [email protected]
Requestors should indicate the format in which the data should be delivered (Stata, SPSS, SAS &c.). Available formats are indicated in the individual data catalogue record for each dataset.
EUI members should only use ~eui.eu mail accounts to request data. Following confirmation of the requestor's EUI status, data is made available via restricted server or (for larger datasets) via users' desktops.
Instructions on using ZIP files to compress and decompress data are on this ICT page.
Users should read the ICPSR Responsible Use Statement before requesting access to data.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]
Page last updated on 20 January 2022