National Longitudinal Surveys (USA)
National Longitudinal Surveys - undertaken by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statisstics - provide cohort observations on the labour market activities and life events of Americans. The surveys are designed "to gather information at multiple points in time on the labor market activities and other significant life events of several groups of men and women. NLS data have served as an important tool for economists, sociologists, and other researchers for more than 50 years."
- National Longitudinal Survey of Youth (NLSY97)
- National Longitudinal Survey of Youth (NLSY79)
- National Longitudinal Survey of Youth Child and Young Adult (NLSCYA)
- National Longitudinal Survey of Mature and Young Women (NLSW, discontinued)
- National Longitudinal Survey of Older and Young Men (NLSM, discontinued).
Detailed cohort information is available on the NLS homepage.
NLS Publications are available at this BLS link.
First-time users should read the NLS Accessing Data Guide.
Online tutorials are available on this NLS page.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]
Page last updated on 26 April 2023