Statista is an online portal providing data on the global digital economy, industrial sectors, consumer markets, public opinion, media and macroeconomic developments. Data from 425 economic sectors are provided with a range of infographic tools for analysis and visualisation.
Statista GmbH (Hamburg) collects and aggregates data from multiple public and private sector sources, including ACTA, AWA, Euromonitor, Gfk, Outfit, Scarborough, Simmons, Target Group Index and VUMA. Statista also publishes industry reports, market forecasts and 'top-lists' of sectoral statistics.
Locate data via the Statista search box, or the top menu tabs. Results can be filtered by left-menu facets, including country/region, industrial category and publication date. Result sets can also be sorted by category - statistics, forecasts, studies, industry reports or infographics.
Data can be downloaded in Excel, PNG, PDF and PPT formats. Citations and parameter metadata are available for all datasets. Data can be visualised as tables, bar charts and line graphs. Metadata labels can be customised. Forecasts, topic dossiers and top-lists are available.
- The Digital Market Outlook and Consumer Market Outlook provide analysis of sectoral trends in the digital economy and consumer markets including revenue and country-specific developments
- Industry Reports provide overviews of developments in major industries (eg. manufacturing, construction, utilities, retail, transportation)
- Dossiers prepared by Statista GmbH combine data and forecasts for analysis of specific topics (eg. e-commerce, airline sector)
- Top-lists rank the first 100 public and private companies by sector, revenue, number of employees, annual net profit/loss and capitalisation.
Statista data coverage is normally ten years for sectoral data and up to 35 years for headline macroeconomic time series - varying by sector and country.
Longer time series data resources are indexed in the Library Data Portal and the Macroeconomic Data Index.
- Statista tutorials are available at this link
- The Statista (PDF) brochure is at this link.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]
Page last updated on 15 May 2023