What YOU Can Do To Go Green
Our environment is everyone's responsibility: keep reading for some simple things you can do today to help reduce your environmental impact, save money, and live a healthier life !
- Favour daylight and turn off the lights when they are not necessary;
- Leave your office computers logged off (signed out) as they will go automatically in sleep mode (but still allow for remote patching). No need to turn off printers either as they will go in sleep mode as well;
- Unplug appliances when you're not using them;
- Keep doors and windows closed when heating or air conditioning is in use.
Heating & Cooling
- Keep windows closed when the heating/air conditioning is on;
- Reduce heat dispersion during the nightime hours by closing your office shutters when you leave for the day;
- Keep your thermostat not higher than 20°.
- Leave fancoil units clear and unobstructed
- Wear suitable clothing(s) in cold/hot weather
- Use water efficiently;
- Close taps completely;
- Report leaky taps or running toilets to the EUI helpdesk
- Only print what you really need;
- Print document double-sided or multi-faced;
- Reload printers with used paper to print drafts;
- Format documents to reduce the use of paper;
- Send documents electronically;
- Deposit used paper into the correct recycling bin.
Page last updated on 23 July 2018