European Central Bank data
The ECB Statistical Data Warehouse provides data on Euro area monetary policy, financial stability and other observations related to the activities of the ECB and the European System of Central Banks (ESCB).
ECB aggregate series are based on data from national central banks, credit institutions and international data providers. Data in Excel, CSV and XML formats are available in these thematic categories:
The ECB Economic Bulletin is available online from 1999 to present. The ECB Financial Stability Review is available from 2004 to present.
Coverage ranges up to 25 years, varying by series, country and source.
ECB statistical data can be downloaded in Excel, CSV, PDF, XML (SDMX-ML) and XML (SDMX-QUERY).
Data have common dimensions, eg. frequency, geographic area, data type and currency. There are three principal retrieval functions:
- Browse data - using a hierarchical navigation system organised by economic concept or report type
- Search for data - by submitting text or series keywords
- Compile, store and manage data - by logging in at 'My Data.'
Browse and 'My Data' functions are accessible via the left navigation menu. The Search engine is accessible via the button in the header of ECB data pages.
ECB interactive data visualisation tools are available for these themes:
The Euro area Real-Time Database (RTDB) is an experimental dataset consisting of "vintages, or snapshots, of time series of several variables, based on series reported in the ECB’s Economic Bulletin." Technical documentation is available in PDF format.
The Eurosystem Household Finance and Consumption Survey requires registration; full details are on this ECB page.
- The Euro Area Business Cycle Network provides Euro Area macroeconomic time series from the Area Wide Model (AWM) dataset by Gabriel Fagan, Jérôme Henry and Ricardo Mestre
- The European Banking Authority makes available a Methodological Note on European Union banking sector stress tests.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]