Dow Jones Factiva news and company data
Dow Jones Factiva is a digital archive of global news content, covering 18,000 news resources from 159 countries in 22 languages.
In addition to news content, the Factiva Companies-Markets database provides five years of headline economic data. (EUI members requiring longer data series should use the Library resources listed in the 'Time period' section below.)
Users of Factiva Dow Jones can locate, elaborate and export data on single companies, or a selection of companies, by peer group. The database provides news items about companies, and tracks changes in company structure over time. Filings' reports for public companies - including balance sheets, cash flow, income statements, geographical breakdown and key ratios - are available. Custom reports can be generated in the Snapshot feature - including news, key developments and financial information.
In addition to economic and financial statistical data, quantitative trend analysis can be performed on news item search results. A key-term frequency graphic is available at the upper left of the search results’ screen. The free text search function, and Boolean Operators, are explained in this guide. The Factiva left menu allows the delimitation of news content by time period; by language; and by category (eg. newspapers, newswires, industry publications, websites and company reports). Other economic news resources are listed on this Library page.
- The Factiva Companies/Markets' database provides five years of time series. For longer series, EUI members should use these resources:
- Datastream (Thomson Reuters / Refinitiv) global financial and macroeconomic platform covering equities, stock market indices, currencies, company fundamentals, fixed income securities and key economic indicators for 175 countries and 60 markets
- Global Financial Data (GFD Corp. / Finaeon) providing long-range financial data series on stocks, bonds, bills and other instruments, covering approximately 200 countries from the early modern period to present
- S&P Global Market Intelligence (Standard & Poor's) banking and financial database, covering public and private banks worldwide
- Amadeus (BvD / Moody's Analytics) database of comparable financial and business information on Europe's largest 520,000 public and private companies by total assets. 43 countries are covered.
Enter Factiva via this EUI Library Catalogue link.
- Click on the 'Companies-Markets' tab at the upper right of the top-bar
- The 'Get Company Snapshot' and the 'Quick Company Selector' will open
- Search for a company using a company name or metadata
- 'Company Snapshot' provides an overview of fundamentals
- 'News' and 'Key Developments' can be accessed for media coverage and key structural changes over time
- 'Peer Comparison' facilitates comparisons between listed comparison by type (up to 100 peers)
- 'Financial Results' provides filings reports for public companies, including balance sheets, cash flow, income statements, geographic segment breakdown and key ratios
- Custom reports can be generated from contents in the 'Snapshot' resource, including news, key developments and financial information
- Market data charts, and comparative company charts, can be generated with up to ten variables.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]