How to Check the Size of Your Mailbox, Folders and PSTs
From time to time you may want to check how much space you have left on the BPOS mailserver and/or how much space your mail is taking up:
- Total Size of Your Mailbox
- Size of a Single Folder
- Size of an Existing PST File (Offline Archive)
Total Size of Your Mailbox
Checking the size in Outlook gives you the possibility to view not only the total size of your mailbox but the size of each single folder within it as well:
- Right-click on your mailbox (e.g. [email protected]) and click on Account Properties...:
Figure 1: Mailbox view, Right-click window.
- Click on Cleanup Tools and select Mailbox Cleanup...:
Figure 2: Outlook Info window.
- Click View Mailbox Size...:
Figure 3: Outlook Mailbox Clean up view.
- This will then display the total size of your mailbox and the size of each folder including subfolders:
Figure 4: Outlook Folder Size view.
On the WebMail interface you will only be able to see the total amount of space used up by the entire mailbox:
- Hover with your mouse over your mailbox name and the total amount of space used will show up after a second:
Figure 5: Total amount of space used via WebMail interface.
Size of a Single Folder
If you need to know the size of a single folder (both on the mailserver or on a PST), simply right-click on it then click Properties > Folder Size...:
Figure 6: Right click menu.
Figure 7: Mailbox Properties window.
Figure 8: Outlook Folder Size view.
Size of an Existing PST File (Offline Archive)
This is done pretty much the same as checking for the full Mailbox and/or single folders within:
- Right-click on the PST and or any folder contained within then select Properties > Folder Size....
Page last updated on 17 August 2017