Researcher Subsidy for Laptop Purchases
The EUI offers a one-time subsidy of 10% of the purchase cost, up to a maximum of €100, to first-year researchers who purchase their own laptop in their first academic year.
- Fill out the subsidy request, clearly indicating your name, department, programme and academic year; tick the boxes to acknowledge the terms of the subsidy and confirm that you have firmly accepted the offer of a place to study at the EUI.
- Await the approval of the ICT Service to proceed with the purchase.
- Laptops may be purchased anywhere and be of any make or model, provided the equipment is new and bought from a regular retailer.
- Provide proof of purchase in the form of an original invoice clearly indicating the type and brand name of hardware purchased and the date of purchase.
- Sign the declaration confirming that the laptop purchased is to be used solely by you to support your research needs. This declaration must include the hardware details and bank account into which the subsidy should be paid.
- Fill and send the bank details form.
- The reimbursement will be paid within one month of the receipt of the completed documentation by the ICT Administrative Assistant.
Please note that:
Laptop subsidy requests may be submitted at any time during the academic year of eligibility until 31st August.
The request, invoice and declaration must be sent by internal mail, email or presented in person to the ICT Administrative Assistant, Cristina Mudu, at Villa Il Poggiolo, weekdays between 9.00 and 17.00.
The EUI is in no way responsible for the warranty/maintenance of researchers' laptops.
For more information, please contact the ICT Administrative Assistant.