ComExt Intra- and Extra-EU trade data
The ComExt Intra- and Extra-European trade database provides statistics on merchandise trade among European Union member states, and between member states and global partners. ComExt, published by Eurostat, is based on data provided by the statistical agencies of the EU member states and trading partners.
Data is classified according to the Combined Nomenclature (CN) system used by Eurostat. The CN is an eight-digit subdivision of the Harmonised System (HS), comprising four two-digit levels: HS2, HS4, HS6 and CN8. Trading partners are designated a three-digit or four-digit code.
International trade data resources are described in this EUI Library directory. European data resources are introduced on this Library page.
- Monthly ComExt data: 2000–2023
- Annual ComExt data: 1988–2022.
How to access data
Data are provided in ASCII format flat files - presented by EU member state. Annual data is provided to the end of previous year; monthly data is provided for the previous 36 months.
European statistical data resources (EUI Library).
Related trade and industrial data resources
- UNIDO Industrial statistics database
- UNCTAD trade and development data
- IMF Direction of Trade Statistics
- International Trade Centre (Geneva) data
- Trade data via Datastream (Refinitiv/LSEG)
- Trade in Value Added (TiVA)
- Atlas of Economic Complexity.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]
Page last updated on 18 July 2023