UNIDO Industrial Statistics Database
The UN Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) Industrial Statistics Database provides harmonised industrial development statistics for 166 countries from 1963 to present.
New users should create an account, with a current EUI email address, on the UNIDO site (details below).
UNIDO INDSTAT2 industrial data are presented at the 2-digit level of the International Standard Industrial Classification of economic activities (manufacturing sector) comprising 23 industries.
UNIDO provides data by a single classification standard, presenting data for seven indicators: number of establishments; employment; wages and salaries; output; value added; gross fixed capital formation, and number of female employees.
- INDSTAT 2 2017, ISIC Revision 3 INDSTAT 4 2017, ISIC Revision 3
- INDSTAT 4 2017, ISIC Revision 4
- IDSB 2017, ISIC Revision 3
- IDSB 2017, ISIC Revision 4
- MINSTAT 2016, ISIC Revision 3
- MINSTAT 2016, ISIC Revision 4
- MVA 2017
- CIP 2017
- Quarterly IIP 2017 Q2
- 1963- 2018
- Coverage varies by country, sector and availability.
- Go to the UNIDO link in the Catalogue
- Click on the series required (left menu)
- create an account at 'I'm a new user' (right side)
- Log in at 'I already have an account' (left side)
- When the UNIDO homepage opens, go to 'SELECTION'
- Click 'SELECTION'
- Select data by (i) countries (ii) variables (iii) period and (iv) ISIC industrial classification (optional: click 'View Data')
- Click 'Download data'
- A dialogue box appears, where users can select Excel or .csv or other download formats
- Click OK when ready
- A message will be shown: "Requested data is being prepared. Please do not close this window or Logout/Login. It can take several minutes."
- Click on the link to download requested data (after 15 minutes, download will expire)
- Click on the link 'here' to download the file and store it in the desired location.
Related trade and industrial data resources
Contact: Thomas Bourke at [email protected]