Definitions, Glossary & Reading Key
Definitions & Glossary
The below definitions reflect the interpretation as laid out by the ICT Service, which may be more restrictive in respect to those provided by he EUI:
- AEL Participants = participants to the AEL (Academy of European Law) Summer Schools
- Guests (to the EUI) = users who do not hold an EUI computing account (but eligible for a WiFi Guest account)
- iOS = Apple iPad or iPhone's operating system
- macOS = Apple iMac and MacBook's operating system (formerly known as OS X)
- Members (of the EUI) = users with a ongoing EUI affiliation determined by a contract, such as Academic Staff (full-time and part-time Professors) Administrative staff, Fellows, Researchers and Research Associates
- MS = Microsoft
- OS X = Apple iMac and MacBook's operating system (now known as macOS)
- Visitors (to the EUI) = users who have been officially invited to the EUI, holders of an EUI computing account but without contract (i.e self-funded), such as Visiting Fellows, Visiting Professors and Visiting Researchers
This is a danger message box: failing to read and understand this message may hinder your work!
This is an info message box: it adds information not necessarily linked to the main topic.
This is a success message box: it further details the main topic.
- Text identifying buttons, links or menus to be followed (to click with the mouse, tap with your finger, etc.) are written in italics or in bold.
- Important information is highlighted in bold.