Tethering (Personal Hotspot) Configuration on iOS
This document details how to configure your iOS device in order to enable tethering (referred to as Personal Hotspot) via your service SIM (if applicable).
IMPORTANT: if you are not eligible, you should NOT enable data traffic and/or data roaming on your device in order not to incur in costs. Should this happen, any costs will be charged to you personally.
The below guide has been tested on iOS 9. Screenshots are taken from iPad thus may slightly differ from other devices.
- Go to Settings \ Mobile Data \ APN Settings;
- Tap on APN in the Personal Hotspot section and type:
- Leave Username and Password fields empty:
Fig. 1: Tethering (Personal Hotspot) APN setting
Your device is now configured for tethering. Whenever you want to use it, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings \ Mobile Data \ Personal Hotspot;
- Turn Personal Hotspot ON and follow on screen instructions:
Fig. 2: Turning on tethering (Personal Hotspot)