365 Mail Client Configuration Settings
In order to configure your email client to succesfully access EUI mailboxes, it must support Microsoft Exchange mode. Exchange mode allows for a copy of the email to be safely kept on the mailserver as well as of instant synchronisation of calendar and contacts.
Please Note: since the introduction of Multi-factor Authentication (MFA), different versions of Outlook (and/or MS Entourage) other than those stated above, are NOT supported anymore. For further information click here.
Check if you are eligible of a FREE copy of Microsoft Outlook
to be installed on your personally-owned device!
The settings below have been tested on Android, iOS (iPad, iPod, iPhone) and MS Windows Phone devices but apply to any email client supporting Microsoft Exchange mode :
- Email or Account type: Microsoft Exchange
Please Note: the above may not be requested by your email client
- Account name / User name = same as your EUI email address ([email protected])
- Email address = your EUI email address ([email protected])
- Server address = http://outlook.office365.com
Please Note: on iOS and Android = outlook.office365.com (without http://)
- If a Domain is requested, leave it blank
You may refer to your mobile device's documentation for step-by-step configuration instructions or check Microsoft's online documentation.
- if you need assistance on the configuration of Outlook on any EUI provided service computer (desktop or laptop), please contact the EUI Helpdesk.
- if you need assistance on the configuration of Outllok or any other email clinet on your personally-owned device, please contact Portable Device Support.
= Microsoft Exchange Mode can sometimes be referred to as Microsoft Exchange Online or Mail for Exchange or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.